- Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is information that can be directly associated with a specific person or entity, such as name, birth, gender, telephone number, physical address, and/or email address. Japan Contact Lens only collects personally identifiable information on this website and on our related services when visitors voluntarily provide such information to us. For example, some visitors may choose to provide us with their personally identifiable information while corresponding with us via email or a contact form submission. It is not necessary to provide any personally identifiable information in order to simply browse our website.
- Personally Identifiable Information Collection
When you visit a Japan Contact Lens website we automatically collect and store information about your visit using browser cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer) or similar technology which we can access when you visit our website in the future. We also process information when you use our services. This information includes IP addresses, login information, device IDs, time stamps, authentication records, location information, carrier service used, signal strength, the origin, destination, type and quantity of traffic passed and other operational data. We may receive your personal data from third parties such as social network platforms, partners and other sources. This information is not collected by us but by a third party and is subject to the relevant third party’s own separate privacy and data collection policies. We do not have any control or input on how your personal data is handled by third parties so if you have any questions you should contact the relevant third party for further information about your personal data. If we receive your personally identifiable information by a third party under our request, we make sure that your information is collected legally and properly.
- Purpose of Personally Identifiable Information Usage
(1) To deliver, maintain, debug and improve our products and services
(2) To refer your identifiable information to you and your representatives if necessary
(3) To send periodic free emails
(4) To improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
(5) To analyze the data and to study the marketing results
(6) To provide personal information to third parties to the extent necessary for execution of appropriate operations such as provision to affiliated credit reference agencies for the purpose of management of the partnerships.
(7) To undertake necessary legal action
(8) To prevent insider trading
(9) To communicate with our partners in order to improve our services
- Potential Disclosure to Third Parties
(1) Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence,
(2) Such disclosure or offering is necessary for protection of a human life, physical health, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person identifiable by the information
(3) Such disclosure or offering is especially necessary for improvement of public health or promotion of sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Person Identifiable Information
(4) The Company is required to cooperate with a government agency or local public body or a contractor thereof in the execution of its clerical duties prescribed by laws and regulations, and acquisition of the consent of the person identifiable by the information could pose an obstacle to the execution of those clerical duties.
(5) To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other services, to enable them to provide services.
(6) To provide personal information to third parties to the extent necessary for execution of appropriate operations such as provision to affiliated credit reference agency for the purpose of management of the partners.
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
When entrusting operations related to information management to other companies, Japan Contact Lens selects companies with strong experience and abilities. The contract mandates confidentiality and guarantees that the information will be properly managed.
- Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
If you voluntarily choose to provide your Personally Identifiable Information to us, we will only use that information to respond to your specific question or request. We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information in cases as such required by law, when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Japan Contact Lens.
(1) The disclosure may damage life, body, property or other right and interest of the relevant individual or a third party;
(2) The disclosure may significantly disturb appropriate implementation of Japan Contact Lens’ business operations; or
(3) The disclosure violates any other laws and regulations.
- Access, Correction, Deletion
Japan Contact Lens respects your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to your Personally Identifiable Information as your request. If you wish to access or amend any other personally identifiable information we hold about you, or to request that we delete or transfer any information about you that we have obtained, you may contact us as set forth via any contact methods. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database.
- Terminating Use of Personal Information
You may update, correct, or delete your Personally Identifiable Information and preferences at any time by requesting us. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact us immediately. To help us prevent fraudulent removal requests, please also include a legible copy of a document that verifies your identity. You need not provide a government-issued document; a utility bill or similar mailing will suffice. You may also obscure parts of the document such as identifying numbers so long as the document continues to clearly identify you. If you are making the request on behalf of another person, please indicate your relationship to that person and provide evidence of your authority to make such request. All requests for removal will be reviewed by our legal and compliance team and we reserve the right, in compliance with applicable laws, to accept or reject, or make further inquiries regarding any requests. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Limited Responsibility for Any Issues
We do not take responsibility for any troubles or problems derived from your usage of this website. This website contains links to other sites. We also do not endorse or otherwise accept responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those websites, and encourage you to read the privacy policies of any website you visit. The Datonics website is maintained in the United States of America. By using this website, you authorize the export of any personally identifiable information you submit to us, as well as the non-personal information collected by this site, to the USA, and its storage and use as specified in this policy.
- About currency converter
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
- Contacting Us